Link to more info: Annual 3MT-Three Minutes Thesis contest @ EUSIPCO
After the successful past editions, the Technical Program Committee of EUSIPCO 2020 is offering for the sixth consecutive year a 3 Minutes Thesis (3MT) contest, where PhD students have three minutes to present a compelling oration on their thesis and its significance. This activity is sponsored by EURASIP. It is an exercise for students to consolidate their ideas so they can present them concisely to an audience specialized in different areas. Together with scientific and technical quality, EURASIP wants to promote transversal skills of PhD researchers such as oral and presentation skills, and it also wants to help PhDs to gain visibility of their work.
To PhD students: If you are devoting or have devoted 3 or more years to your PhD, you could devote 3 minutes to explain it to a more general public, we challenge you!
- Create a video that best explains your work in a language appropriate to a general signal processing audience. The video should not be strictly longer than 3 minutes. Any video format is allowed.
- Upload your video to a site accessible by the evaluation committee. The video should be accessible for viewing and downloading. It is ok for the video to be hidden from search engines and accessible only with a private URL. However, it should not require a username/password to view. You can use, for example, DropBox, Google Drive, or your institution’s web server.
- Submit your entry via email at 3MT@eusipco2020.org no later than May 25, 2020. Make sure you include a title, 1-page abstract/summary, name, affiliation and a link to the video location. Your one-page abstract will be included in the EUSIPCO 2020 proceedings.
- A shortlist of ten finalists will be selected by a jury composed by one member of the EURASIP BoD and the EUSIPCO student chairs.
Please address any questions related to the 3MT contest at 3MT@eusipco2020.org.
- Finalists are invited to give their 3MT presentation at EUSIPCO 2020. The three minutes duration of the presentation will be strictly controlled.
- Finalists will receive complimentary registration to attend EUSIPCO 2020 (please note that such free registration cannot be used to cover accepted papers).
Among the ten finalists, the top-three finalists will be selected by the EUSIPCO 2020 audience based on their live 3-minute presentation and they will be invited to attend the Conference dinner where the winner will be announced and awarded with a Grand prize of €1.000.
The runner-ups will receive a prize of 300€ and 200€, respectively, as well as an award certificate.
The video of the winner will be posted online on the EURASIP website.
- May 25, 2020 – 3MT video and one page abstract submission due
- June 22, 2020 – Shortlist announced